I am going head over heels with colorbar range of velvet matte lipsticks and wanted to literally study on their shades. I am too too impressed with the Sultry pink lipstick and today I am going to review on Brick-o-la lippy from Colorbar. Oh ghosh! I can’t thank my stars enough that I got this. I have always been eyeing this shade at the counter and for some odd reason never bought it and finally this baby out of nowhere found Me and I am so happy It did J because this has turned out my Current favorite 😉
About Colorbar Velvet Matte Brick-O-La :
For a rich lip colour with a creamy shine, the Velvet Matte Lipstick Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. It has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance.
Price – Rs. 325 for 4.2gms 😀
My experience with Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Brick-O-La
- Shade – BRICK-O-LA is a very unique and beautiful shade. Its pretty difficult to get a similar kinda shade to this because it is not fully red not fully pink or brown. It is a reddish-pink with brown undertones. Similar to that of MAC’s Brick -O-La. I totally dig this shade <3. I do have a slight pouty lips, but girls who have lips similar to mine or have a little thick lips is going to rock this shade!
Swatches of Colorbar Velvette Matte Lipstick Brick -O- La
- Texture – the texture is smooth and soft unlike the normal matte lippies like I have already mentioned in my previous review on sultry pink. Not hard on lips at all. But if your lips are too drying you might not like this but the solution is the lipbalm.
- Packaging – This lipstick comes in a steel body with a transparent cover making it easy to see through the shade. Easy to carry in your bag, as it doesn’t look like the kinds that would get damaged easily and it also has a number along with shade name. Don’t know why?
- Staying Power – I think I have praised the staying power a hell lot than any other thing about this lipstick. I have 3 reasons to give you to pick this shade putting it in the priority order 1)Staying power 2) Variety of beautiful shades 3) No touch ups needed. Yes! This is the only lipstick that doesn’t need any touch up once u have them on you. Simply because the lipstick requires a make up remover to be vanished. With this pace, you can imagine how long will this lipstick is going to last?? 😉 It stays for good long 5-6hrs on my lips and leaves a lovely coralish pink tint 😀
- Below is how it looks on Moi 😉
See my lips are gone super dry because of the treatment but yet this shade is so pretty that it almost camouflaged it and yea there is no lipbalm used
What I like about Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Brick-O-La 42M –
- Unique and Beautiful Shade
- Staying power
- Packaging and pricing
- Smooth texture not a typical matte
- Wide variety of colors
- Suitable for most Indian skintones
- Leaves a coralish pink tint
- Can be worn even without a lipbalm if lips are not too dry.
What I dislike about Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Brick-O-La
- A make up remover is a must to get off the lipstick
- Settles in fine lines
- If lips are too dry, lipbalm underneath is a must!
Will I re-purchase Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick – Yes like I told you before I am going to buy HOT HOT and Obsessed Orange next! LOVE COLORBAR :* :*
Ratings – 4/5